A Wake Up Call AGAIN

This morning at 4:30am my son came in my bedroom's door just so that I could wake up and go back with him to his bedroom and after a prayer in seconds he was back to sleep! 

Why this happened?
I believe and understand that God has many ways where we have only one. 
Since I wasn't waking up with the alarm clock, God found another way of speaking to me because its in the morning where we can clearly study God's word, when silence becomes our music and prayer becomes our conversation. 
"O satisfy us early with thy mercy; that we may rejoice and be glad all our days"
(Psalms 90:14)

"Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and shew thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not."(Jeremiah 33:3)

So here's what I studied:

“He gives more grace. Therefore He says: ‘God resists the proud, but gives grace to the humble.’ Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you” (James 4:6, 7, NKJV). 

Change comes at the point of choice. Reformation occurs as we choose to yield to the convicting power of the Holy Spirit and surrender our wills to God’s will. God will never force or manipulate our wills. He respects our freedom. His Spirit impresses our minds, convicts our hearts, and prompts us to do right, but the choice to respond to the Holy Spirit’s appeals is, always and only, our own. (Sabbath School lesson)

God Himself through the blood of Jesus Christ gave us the power to choose. It's for our only good the choices we make. 

This weekend I went to a women's retreat and learned many useful lessons and one of it is:

One thing is what people did to you and ANOTHER thing is what YOU are doing to yourself!!!

It's a matter of choice. Once my husband shared with me a simple story that said:

If I had 2 dogs and fed one with water and the other with food which would survive?

So what kind of food are you feeding your mind? What kind of thoughts are still alive?

I choose if I will feed positive thoughts towards someone or negative ones and one thing I learned is that my thoughts will become my words and my words will become an action and my actions will show my attitudes and my attitudes determines my character! 

"Selfishness destroys Christlikeness, filling man with self-love. It leads to continual departure from righteousness. Christ says, "Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect." But self-love is blind to the perfection which God requires.... - {CS 24.3}

"Christ came to this world to reveal the love of God. His followers are to continue the work which He began. Let us strive to help and strengthen one another. Seeking the good of others is the way in which true happiness can be found. Man does not work against his own interest by loving God and his fellow men. The more unselfish his spirit, the happier he is, because he is fulfilling God's purpose for him. The breath of God is breathed through him, filling him with gladness. To him life is a sacred trust, precious in his sight because given by God to be spent in ministering to others."-The Review and Herald, June 25, 1908. - {CS 24.4}

May we choose to cultivate good thoughts and train our minds to think in 

And remember this

"The more unselfish his spirit, the happier he is.."

May our countenance reflect the love of God and the life of Jesus


May God be with you today
Kindly
Lucy :)


Comments

Post a Comment

Feel free to send your comments!

Popular posts from this blog

2023- Larissa’s Birthday

A Higher goal...

Spring time is here - April 2022