The Calm Down Jar

Hi!!

I haven't been writing here for a while so I wanted to wish you a happy and blessed 2014 and this year I urge myself to write at least once a week! Let's pray that I can keep my goal in view not forgeting to look to my Savior as a Counselor and Help, forgetting what's behind and looking for the things that are to come! We can look to our past just to be thankful and to use it as a learning experience:

"We have nothing to fear for the future, except as we shall forget the way the Lord has led us, and His teaching in our past history." (—Ellen G. White, Life Sketches, 196)


With that thought in mind let me share with you what the kids and I did today as an experiment:

THE CALM DOWN JAR


Of course that Logan got the blue because that's his favorite colour and Larissa got the pink one or reddish kind of colour, we tried to make it pink. And here are the ingredients:

-2 tubes of glitter glue;
-1/2 of glitter
- warm water
-food coloring

We took this recipe from:

http://familysponge.com/parenting/artkids-calm-down-jar/

It's worthy to try and it's really easy to make it, however I would like to suggest that you use a plastic container.

When I left the house to go to my classes, my children were engaged in playing and were admiring their new container, the calm jar, when I came home they were nice and sleeping and as I looked into the toilet's bin guess what I found? Lots of toiled paper stained with blood!! At first I thought was my mother-in-law and her nose bleeding like it has happened before but as I asked my husband he said that it was from Logan's hand?!!! Aww...I knew it right away!! When daddy got home Logan was so excited in showing off his new jar to daddy that he accidently fell down and dropped it!! Poor Logan and he was so happy with that!! I haven't seen his little hand yet but I know tomorrow morning he will have a lot to talk about!

And when I spoke about the future I didn't know that the jar would brake that same day we did it and that it would cause Logan's hand to get hurt!! When we did that little jar I don't really remember to tell them to take good care of it otherwise it would brake but I took for granted that they would know what to do or I just trusted in their abilities to do what was right, correct?

Well, perhaps I should have instructed them on how to use it..instructions are necessary and useful as it directs us to the right way! 

Is there an instruction manual for our lives?
Yes there are!! And I believe that this manual is called BIBLE

Here I share a link where you can read your bible in a year and you can also participate of a group on facebook that is reading it using the same plan:

http://bitcast-r.v1.sjc1.bitgravity.com/amazingfacts/website/multiple/documents/Bible-Reading-Plan.pdf

For today this is it!
I can hear a nice rain outside and it's calling me to sleep!
Goodnight,

Kindly :)
Lucy    

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2023- Larissa’s Birthday

A Higher goal...

Spring time is here - April 2022