Keeping love alive!

Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as it is fit in the Lord. Husbands, love your wives, and be not bitter against them. Colossians 3:18, 19.

How much trouble and what a tide of woe and unhappiness would be saved if men, and women also, would continue to cultivate the regard, attention, and kind words of appreciation and little courtesies of life which kept love alive and which they felt were necessary in gaining the companions of their choice. If the husband and wife would only continue to cultivate these attentions which nourish love, they would be happy in each other’s society and would have a sanctifying influence upon their families. They would have in themselves a little world of happiness and would not desire to go outside this world for new attractions and new objects of love.... 
In the marriage contract men and women have made a trade, an investment for life, and they should do their utmost to control their words of impatience and fretfulness, even more carefully than they did before their marriage, for now their destinies are united for life as husband and wife, and each is valued in exact proportion to the amount of painstaking effort put forth to retain and keep fresh the love so eagerly sought for and prized before marriage. – {OFC 158.5}( Our Father Cares, Ellen White)

Today as I read my devotionals God brought to me this precious words to read and to think about it. 
At home it's so easy to get so busy with the house duties and forget about being love and kind to the family members specially to my husband when I see those dirty socks under the bed instead of in the dirty clothes bin or to get upset every time he lives a mess in the kitchen after his juicing is done and for another day he got to go to work and have no time to clean the messy juice machine! It's ok to clean here and there if my mind is ready to ACCEPT it! Accept that though my husband is just a boy I know he shows his love for me in the little things he does for me like cooking and baking bread or washing the dishes sometimes so I just have to accept the little mess and ask God to help him to become more like Jesus each day instead of complaining on my mind and filling my thoughts with negative words and that could affect my actions and my whole day! I can choose to keep love alive starting in my mind!!
Today is a very special day because we will receive special guests at the house! One is Peter Orta, he's coming from Florida, USA and is on his way to Nepal to be a missionary we will just have today to spend time with him, his flight to Nepal is at 10pm so please keep him in your prayers as we know that only God can keep missionaries and their work! 
Here's a video of Peter playing the piano! He's the best piano player we have ever met! 
http://youtu.be/xzkfCskDm0I




The other visit are the Carnassale Family and they will spend a week with us. They're from Brazil but are spending a few months in Sweden and I really enjoy their company too!They have been here 2 months ago and I'm thrilled to have them back again! Here's a little bit of the Carnassale's



 Today is Gabi's birthday, the mommy of the family who plays at biblia melodica and we have prepared a few surprises for her:
Pavê Piñacolada
And the dates ball
Tofu


We are on our way to the airport to get Peter!! I'm so excited and the kids too! I'm also getting car sick from writing and Luke's driving in this curvy roads of England! For the first time in 6 months we saw a at accident or I should say two that caused us to delay our arriving at the airport but we are keeping an eye on Peter's flight number online in order  to get him on time. Another friend of ours will get the Carnassale's since they're arriving at the same time but in different airport!
Of course that baby doll wanted to come too :)
I'll keep you updated throughout our day ;)
Here's where we went:
And here's our adopted nôno:
 It was a fun day!! We miss Peter and he must be flying to Nepal now! It was so nice to see him again!!

It's time to sleep!
Goodnight...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2023- Larissa’s Birthday

A Higher goal...

Spring time is here - April 2022