Ups and downs, really?

You know after I wrote the last post we came home and during family worship we read:

Those who are unwilling to forsake every sin and to seek earnestly for God’s blessing, will not obtain it. But all who will lay hold of God’s promises as did Jacob, and be as earnest and persevering as he was, will succeed as he succeeded. “Shall not God avenge His own elect, which cry day and night unto Him, though He bear long with them? I tell you that He will avenge them speedily.” Luke 18:7, 8. – {PP 203.2}

Forsake? What does this word means?

So I should abandon every sin! And it includes yelling at my children, loosing my temper, lacking of love... 

All the above and plus all that makes my heart ache as I talk to God!! Children are so precious and I sure won't have them forever so I don't have to waste my time with ups an downs but I can and should earnestly seek for God's help and guidance in every word I say and every action I take because I know that it's weighting on me! I can love my children because God is love!!

At the end of family worship we sang 
Isaiah 26:1-4
"26 In that day shall this song be sung in the land of Judah; We have a strong city; salvation will God appoint for walls and bulwarks.

Open ye the gates, that the righteous nation which keepeth the truth may enter in.

Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.

Trust ye in the Lord for ever: for in theLord Jehovah is everlasting strength:"

Verse 3 says:
"Thou will keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on thee"

If my mind was stayed on Him throughout my day I would have only ups for I would have been looking upward and that's the direction I want to go and not down!! 
So next time I feel down I will look up and keep my mind in Him! The Prince of Peace! 
For me is goodnight now!
Tomorrow we will chat again!
Bye
Lucy ;)

Ps.: A very encouraging message:
http://lisajobaker.com/2013/06/when-your-temper-scares-you-some-suggestions-for-defusing/#sthash.IHfeKJfi

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2023- Larissa’s Birthday

A Higher goal...

Spring time is here - April 2022